I have been racing around the world in all styles of events since 2005 and coaching since 2010, having run around 200 ultras and marathons in every type of weather and on all terrains. I have won around 50 multi-day races, road marathons, trail ultras and adventure races with experience of running in many mountain ranges, including the Himalayas, Andes, Rockies and European Alps. I also hold the fastest time in a trail 100-mile race in the US (12h44m), the record for the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning (69h49m), have won the USATF 100-mile trail championship twice and am the 2013, 2015, 2016 & 2017 Leadville Trail 100 Champion. Ultra Running Magazine voted me as high as 2nd in its annual Ultra Runner of the Year rankings. I also founded the US Skyrunner Series and am the Series Director.
CAREER RUNNING HIGHLIGHTS:
- Grand Slam of Ultrarunning (Record holder)
- 7x Western States Endurance Run 100 top 10
- 3x Leadville Trail 100 champion (2016, 2015 and 2013; and only man to break 17hrs four times)
- Montrail Ultracup 2014 Champion
- 3x Rocky Raccoon 100 champion (2016, 2015, 2011 and Course Record holder – 12h44m)
- Comrades (seven-time silver medalist)
- Over 200 marathons and ultras completed with over 50 wins
WHY TEAM OS1st?
I love the calf sleeves in particular as they’re great for both running and recovery, even overnight while sleeping. All the OS1st gear is great quality and fits extremely well.
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ~Nelson Mandela