I have a “passion driven” lifestyle, and feel that life is not a rehearsal and should be lived to the max! I have run races all over the world; winning, losing, DNF’ing. I have seen and done it all… I love running on all types of terrain, in all kind of conditions and feel most alive in the BIG mountains, especially the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and the Alps of Italy. Originally from Arkansas, I grew up on a 10,000 acre farm. After graduating, I worked in the Biomedical industry and then gladly left that world and founded Bad to the Bone Sports, a race production company directing premier trail and roads events across the US. Now, I split my time racing and training in Breckenridge Colorado, Charlottesville Virginia and the Alps of Northern Italy.
CAREER RUNNING HIGHLIGHTS:
I am very much a look-forward athlete. For me, listing running achievements is equivalent to still wearing your letterman jacket…a little too much living in the past! I have run well over 100 ultra marathons and 50 road marathons, with wins from 5K to 50 miles.
Other areas of influence on running:
- CEO/Owner of Bad to the Bone Endurance Sports
- Owner of Bad to the Bone Media
- Founder/Owner of the Ultra Race of Champions
- Founder/Owner of the Charlottesville Marathon
- Corporate Speaker
- OS1st: I’m thrilled to be the new Athlete Team Captain
- Discovery Channel – Television (Discovery Channel special “Architecture and Design of Man and Woman”)
- Runners World Magazine
- Outside Magazine – Feature
- Trail Runner Magazine – Feature
- Ultra Running Magazine
- Running through the Wall – Book
- The Great Outdoor Magazine – Cover
- Race for the Soul – Western States documentary
- Competitor Magazine
- Blue Ridge Outdoor Magazine – Feature
- The Daily Progress – Feature
- The HOOK Magazine – Feature
- Charlottesville Observer
- Washington Running Report
WHY TEAM OS1st?
With my background in the sciences, I can truly appreciate the vast improvement OS1st has brought to the compression market. As the leader in medical grade compression and bracing, OS1st products offer targeted areas of compression that provide needed support to minimize soreness and maximize recovery. Like the difference between wearing a rubber band versus as bandaid: both feel good, but only one does any goood.
“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” ~John Muir