Everyone Has Them
Socks are an ever-elusive part of our daily wear, often entering a dryer to never come out, or taking residence under a bed for years. In fact, research says you will likely lose more than 1,200 socks in the laundry during your life. But, it doesn’t have to be this way, especially when you are investing in medical-grade compression socks, like OS1st® Socks with Purpose ®.
How to wash your compression socks
It is important to wash your socks when you buy them from the store, but they probably should not be thrown in with the rest of your clothes. Washing your socks with all your other dirty laundry increases the chances of you losing a sock or multiple socks. The socks can get all wrapped up in your clothes and fall out in unexpected places when you are transferring your clothes from one location to the next. Instead of washing them with your other clothes do a separate load of just socks or put your socks in a wash bag before throwing them in with the rest of the laundry. You’ll also want to
• It can also be helpful to turn the sock inside out before you put it in the washer because the dirtiest and most sweat filled part of the sock is on the inside.
• Use delicate, non-bleach detergent. Bleach may be tempting to get stains out, but this will destroy the health of your socks.
How to dry your compression socks
Heat is the enemy of socks in the washing and drying stage. Once your socks are washed the best method to ensure a long healthy sock life is to go old school. Yes, you guessed it, the the hang and dry method. This helps the socks avoid an unnecessary beating that the dryer was prepared to hand out. While this method may take up more space and be more time consuming, it is the safest drying option.
How to store your compression socks
To keep your socks looking good and staying intact, it is better to avoid folding them. Instead, lay the socks on top of one another in the drawer. This method provides a cleaner drawer presentation and helps you keep your socks organized without destroying the shape of the sock.
Sock care is very important if you want to get the most use out of your socks and avoid having to throw them away prematurely. Here is a quick rundown of what to do.
1. Wash your socks separate from other clothes.
2. Before putting them in the wash turn them inside out.
3. Only wash them on cold.
4. Use delicate, non-bleach detergent.
5. Allow the socks to Air Dry.
6. Avoid folding the socks, lay them in a drawer instead