I’ve been doing triathlon for 8 year now and last year I switch over to duathlon. I ended the year ranked 18th in the power man world rankings. COVID-19 has changed everything for the 2020 season but it has allowed me to reevaluate myself. About 4 years ago my life changed for the better, my son was born. Later we found out that he was Autistic. It has been a very challenging time but I wouldn’t chance him for anything. He is such a bright and wonderful person. I realized I just didn’t want to be known as an athlete. I wanted to stand for something more. I want to bring awareness to autism and help other families going through difficult times. So this year my buddies and I started a cycling club called Spectrum cycling. We are going to combine our love of sports and our ability to spread awareness for Autism . I have achieved a lot through athletics and it has helped me travel the world and pay for school. Now it’s time to give back and do my part to make this world a better place for everyone.
CAREER RUNNING HIGHLIGHTS:
- 2008-2009 Rend Lake College Hall of Fame inductee
- 2003-2005 Southern Illinois Track & Field Scholarship Recipient
- 2001-2002 Rend Lake College Outstanding Track & Field Athlete
- USA Club 1500 Meter National Champion 2007
- USA Indoor Championship runner-up DMR
- NJCAA Cross-Country team Champions 2001&2002
- NJCAA runner-up 1,000 meters 2002
- NJCAA runner-up 4x800 meters 2002
- NJCAA National Champs DMR 2001
- Nine Time Indoor/ Outdoor/ XC All-American
- Assistant Coach NJCAA Cross-Country Champions 2003
WHY TEAM OS1st?
I have tried a lot of different compression socks, and after starting to work at Peak Running I was in need of a new pair. Our store carried OS1st and after trying them out I loved them. With other socks I felt like I was in a cast and was very uncomfortable. I love to wear them while sleeping and I don't even feel like they are on. My legs feel fresh after races and my recovery is faster. I wear the PF socks or my full sock compression every day. With other brands, I would want to take them off right away. OS1st socks give great compression where it is needed and are breathable.
FAVORITE QUOTE: "Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." Steve Prefontaine