ABOUT ME: I have been doing triathlons for the past 5 years and after just my 3rd race I received my pro card. Having been a runner before participating in triathlons, I was new to swimming and biking until my first triathlon. The only reason I got into triathlons was because I told some executives that I would be willing to do the Hy-Vee triathlon. I didn’t know what all that entailed. I thought that because I ran a lot I would be able to do it. Before finding sports, I was a punk kid who was headed down the wrong path. I was doing drugs and getting into a lot of trouble. Was even sent to live with his grandparents before the start of my high school career and that was when my life changed. I got into sports, playing football, basketball, and running cross country and track. I was told I would never get into college but got a full ride to run at Rend Lake College and then SIU-C. After graduating I began to run as a pro.
CAREER RUNNING HIGHLIGHTS:
- 2008-2009 Rend Lake College Hall of Fame inductee
- 2003-2005 Southern Illinois Track & Field Scholarship Recipient
- 2001-2002 Rend Lake College Outstanding Track & Field Athlete
- USA Club 1500 Meter National Champion 2007
- USA Indoor Championship runner-up DMR
- NJCAA Cross-Country team Champions 2001&2002
- NJCAA runner-up 1,000 meters 2002
- NJCAA runner-up 4x800 meters 2002
- NJCAA National Champs DMR 2001
- Nine Time Indoor/ Outdoor/ XC All-American
- Assistant Coach NJCAA Cross-Country Champions 2003
WHY TEAM OS1st? I have tried a lot of different compression socks, and after starting to work at Peak Running I was in need of a new pair. Our store carried OS1st and after trying them out I loved them. With other socks I felt like I was in a cast and was very uncomfortable. I love to wear them while sleeping and I don't even feel like they are on. My legs feel fresh after races and my recovery is faster. I wear the PF socks or my full sock compression every day. With other brands, I would want to take them off right away. OS1st socks give great compression where it is needed and are breathable.
FAVORITE QUOTE: "Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." Steve Prefontaine