The OS1st Virtual Running Challenge is back for round two, with another week of virtually uniting runners who are still safely training/racing, on their own, outdoors or at home, through a virtual running challenge.
About the challenge
Runners should complete at least one 5, 10, or 15K run on their own, and track their activity on the Strava app as a member of the OS1st Club. The app can be downloaded on most smart phones to track runs outside or indoors by using the GPS on your mobile phone or wearable GPS technology.
By logging at least one run as an OS1st Club Member in Strava from May 3 to 9, you will be entered to win one of ten prize packs!
OS1st will post on Strava, Instagram, and Facebook each day to encourage participants and shout out leaderboards.
How to win
Any runner who participates will be entered into a drawing for one of ten prize packs.
Each prize pack includes a $150 gift card to the winner's local OS1st retailer and $150 worth of OS1st gear.
Participants can earn multiple entries into the drawing.
Complete your own 5K – 1 entry
Complete your own 10K – 2 entries
Complete your own 15K – 3 entries
Runners can also gain bonus entries by sharing a photo of them completing their solo challenge run on Facebook or Instagram. The post must include the runner's Strava name, tag @OS1st, and use #OS1stChallenge.
Winners will be chosen at random and contacted via Strava on May 10. The winners will be announced to the public May 11 on the OS1st Strava club page, Facebook, and Instagram.
Notes for Participation
- Runs should be completed alone and done outside OR on personal, at home workout equipment. No activity should preclude social isolation, quarantine, lock-down, and shelter-in-place advisories.
- Runners WILL NOTrun in crowded areas, in areas with at-risk or immune-compromised populations, or at a close distance of other runners.
- Participants should self-monitor their temperature and health and follow all local, state, and federal government guidelines for those exhibiting symptoms.
- Participants must be a member of the OS1st Strava club.
- If at any point in time this challenge is found to be adversary to public health interests, OS1st maintains the right to cancel, postpone, or end the virtual challenge early.
As situations change rapidly, we are asking every runner to do AT LEAST these three things before running:
- Check the CDC website, your state health department's website, and your local government website and/or resources.
- Take your temperature.
- Cover your face if you are running outside your home.
Social isolation and quarantine are not to be taken lightly. We expect all participants to put the safety of the community first. For official information and resources please visit the CDC website and your state’s COVID-19 resources. We are not recommending that anyone take steps to endanger their health or the health of others. Please exercise caution when participating in the challenge.